1. Answer the following questions:
1. Who was Vladimir Zvorykin?
2. When did the boy spend his summer holidays?
3. Was his family rich or poor?
4. What did he do on his father’s ship?
5. Where did Vladimir study?
6. What did Zvorykin and Professor Rosing exhibit?
7. What did he do in 1912?
8. When did he leave Russia?
9. What was he famous for in the late 20s?
10. When did Vladimir patent the colour TV system?
2. Make up the Tag-questions:
1. A boy was spending his summer holidays on board his father’s ship, ….?
2. He took an interest in electrical engineering, ….?
3. Professor Rosing tutored him, …?
4. Another invention of his made colour TV possible, …?
5. He was a talented student, …?
6. It was one of the first demonstrations of TV of any kind, …?
7. The system was ready to be launched at the end of 1934, …?
8. In early 1935 the new tube was introduced in Germany, …?
9. Zvorykin patended the colour TV system in 1928, …?
10. Vladimir Zvorykin is often called the father of television,….?
3. Make up the questions as much as possible to the following sentences:
1. Vladimir studied electrical engineering at Saint Petersburg Institute of Technology.
2. Zvorykin patented the colour TV system in 1928.
3. After the October Revolution Zvorykin left the country for the USA.